To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, and to view Xverify’s certification, please visit https:// www.privacyshield.gov. Additionally, Xverify may protect information through other legally valid methods, including international data transfer agreements.
Personal Information We Collect and How We Use It
Xverify may collect and process the following information (directly from you visiting the Site or from Third Party sources.)
- You may provide Personal Information directly to Xverify through interacting with the Services, and requesting Services, or information.
- As you navigate the Services, certain passive information may also be collected about your visit, including through cookies and similar technologies as described below.
We endeavor to collect only that information which is relevant for the purposes of processing. Below are the ways we collect Personal Information and how we use it.
Types of Personal Information We Collect
Xverify collects Personal Information regarding its current, prospective, and former clients, customers, users, visitors, and guests (collectively “Individuals”).
- Contact Data. Personal Information you directly provide to us with your contact credentials, such as, full name, company, address, phone number, email address, and similar required contact details which we use to communicate with you (“Contact Data”). We collect Contact Data when you use the Services or engage in certain activities, such as registering for an account with Xverify, communications with us, requesting Services or information, chatting, or direct contact.
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain information automatically through our Services or other methods of web analysis, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising identifiers, MAC address, IMEI, Advertiser ID, and other device identifiers that are automatically assigned to your computer or device when you access the Internet, browser type and language, geo-location information, hardware type, operating system, Internet service provider, pages that you visit before and after using the Services, the date and time of your visit, the amount of time you spend on each page, information about the links you click and pages you view within the Services, and other actions taken through use of the Services such as preferences.
- Other Information You Provide. Information you provide to us in emails and other communication such as customer support messages, chats, or blog comments. Please note that any information you post on our blogs, for example when posting a comment, may be public and visible on the internet.
In our agreements with our Clients we require that they comply with all applicable laws, which includes those that apply to their information sharing practices. If you are a prospect or customer of one of our Clients and no longer wish to be contacted by that Client, please contact the Client directly with your request.
How Xverify Uses Your Information
We acquire, hold, use, and process Personal Information about Individuals for a variety of business purposes, including:
Use of Information Collected From Clients.
- Provide the Services, or information requested.
- Administrative purposes: Such as verify identity, measure interest in services, perform quality control, send emails, process payments, enforce agreements, and communications with you.
- Analyze and measure how the Site is used.
- Ensure security and integrity of our Site.
- Marketing Xverify products and services by tailoring content/advertisements and having the ability to notify you of special offers.
Services via Mobile Devices.
Anonymous and Aggregated Information Use.
Xverify may use Personal Information and other information about you to create anonymized and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access the services, or other analyses we create. Anonymized and aggregated information is used for a variety of functions, including the measurement of visitors’ interest in and use of various portions or features of the services. Anonymized or aggregated information is not Personal Information, and Xverify may use such information in a number of ways, including research, internal analysis, analytics, and any other legally permissible purposes. We may share this information within Xverify and with third-parties for our or their purposes in an anonymized or aggregated form that is designed to prevent anyone from identifying you.
How Xverify Shares Your Personal Data
- Vendors, Service Providers and Business Partners. We may share any information we receive with vendors, service providers, and business partners. The types of service providers to whom we entrust Personal Information include service providers for: (i) provision of IT and related services; (ii) provision of information and services you have requested; (iii) payment processing; (iv) customer service activities; and (v) in connection with the provision of the Site. Xverify has executed appropriate contracts with the vendor, service providers and business partners that prohibit them from using or sharing Personal Information except as necessary to perform the contracted services on our behalf or to comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Privacy Shield. With respect to onward transfers to any third party Agent (as such term is defined in the Privacy Shield Principles) , Privacy Shield requires that Xverify remain liable should its Agents process Personal Information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles.
- Displaying to Other Users. The content you post to the Site, for example when post a comment on our blog, may be displayed on the Site and may be seen by other users of the Site. We are not responsible for privacy practices of the other users who will view and use the posted information.
- Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement, respond to your requests, protect yours’, ours’ rights, property, or safety, to enforce Xverify policies or contracts; to perform collections; and when we believe disclosure is necessary and appropriate.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
Data Retention Policy
How Xverify Secures Your Information
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing.
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
- Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded on the Site that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
- Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Information. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of such Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first-party or Third-Party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Sites or on Third-Party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that has been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked on an advertisement.
If you would like to opt out of the Technologies we employ on our Site, Services, applications, or tools, you may do so by blocking, deleting, or disabling them as your browser or device permits.
As noted above, you may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your computer or remove them from your browser by adjusting your web browser preferences. Please note that cookie-based opt outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
, or http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
. You can also choose not to be included in Google Analytics here
“Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
Your Rights of Access and Choices
Although Xverify makes good faith efforts to provide Individuals with access to their Personal Information, there may be circumstances in which Xverify is unable to provide access, including but not limited to: where the information contains legal privilege, would compromise others’ privacy or other legitimate rights, where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the Individual’s privacy in the case in question or where it is commercially proprietary. If Xverify determines that access should be restricted in any instance, we will provide you with an explanation of why that determination has been made and a contact point for any further inquiries. To protect your privacy, Xverify will take commercially reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to or making any changes to your Personal Information.
Some countries (including those in the European Union) have laws that require agreements to be governed by the local laws of the consumer's country or require that their substantive laws, including privacy laws, apply. This section does not override those laws.
This Site is not intended for, nor targeted to, children under 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information from children under 13. If we learn that we have received information directly from a child who is under the age of 13, we will delete the information in accordance with applicable law. If you learn that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com.
Redress/Compliance and Accountability
350 N. Orleans St.
Chicago, IL 60654
In addition, Xverify has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers for more information and to file a complaint.
Such independent dispute resolution mechanisms are available to citizens free of charge. If any request remains unresolved, you may contact the national data protection authority for your EU Member State.
You may also have a right, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration under Privacy Shield; for additional information, see https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=ANNEX-I-introduction. The FTC has jurisdiction over Xverify’s compliance with the Privacy Shield.
California Privacy Rights
- New Uses of Personal Information. Additionally, before we use Personal Information for any new purpose not originally authorized by you, we will endeavor to provide information regarding the new purpose and give you the opportunity to opt out. Where consent of the Individual for the processing of Personal Information is otherwise required by law or contract, Xverify will endeavor to comply with the law or contract.
Xverify can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org by phone at 1-866-903-9164 or via mail:
350 N. Orleans St.
Chicago, IL 60654